The success of a local church depends on our focus and dependence upon God. Yet God’s plan has always depended upon faithful obedience. Although we recommend that a church develop both a vision and mission statement we are treating them as one in this testing process.
Rate each from 1-10
1. Does our church have a simple vision statement?
2. Is our vision understood by most of the membership?
3. Does our church have a mission statement?
4. Is our mission statement understood by the membership?
5. Does our church have a strategic plan (how to accomplish our mission)?
6. How well are our vision, mission, and strategic plan coordinated (agreement)?
7. Is it understood by the church membership?
8. Is our church organized in a manner to accomplish our mission?
9. How well does our church acknowledge God through corporate prayer?
10. How well does our church emphasize the importance of God’s Word?
Meditate on each of the ten questions, give each question a value between 1-10, add up the numbers and if the total is less than 70 then this represents an area for church to focus on improvement.
If your church seems to fail this quick test, we recommend that you use our more detailed test that is found from menu above under “Health Check”.
If you have questions are would like to leave a comment see menu above.
If you test below 70% on a category, it may indicate that you need to focus some time and resources on that category. If you test below 70% on more than three categories, your church needs to be concerned and take immediate action. Based upon the scores you might need to seek outside intervention, because many times the local church leaders are a key portion of the problem.