Biblical Servant Leadership is important for church health.
Rate Your Church 1-10 on each of the following:
1. Consistently teaches/preaches about the need for believers to be equipped for ministry.
2.There is a clear and accessible pathway for leadership development.
3. New leaders are being commissioned for ministry on a regular basis.
4. Mission/vision is consistently being communicated by ministry personnel other than the pastoral staff or elders.
5. Can clearly identify my church’s leaders.
6. know with certainty the role of the leaders in my church.
7. The leaders are actively and intentionally mentoring/equipping others to step into leadership roles.
8. Second and third generation disciples be equipped for and move into significant leadership functions or ministry roles.
9. The church’s vision is clear and I know what my role is in helping to accomplish that vision.
10. I have been challenged by the leaders to be prepared/equipped for a ministry role or leadership function.
Meditate on each of the ten questions, give each question a value between 1-10, add up the numbers and if the total is less than 70 then this represents an area for church to focus on improvement.
If you have questions are would like to leave a comment see menu above.
If you test below 70% on a category, it may indicate that you need to focus some time and resources on that category. If you test below 70% on more than three categories, your church needs to be concerned and take immediate action. Based upon the scores you might need to seek outside intervention, because many times the local church leaders are a key portion of the problem.