Rev 3:1 And unto the angel of the church in Sardis write; These things saith he that hath the seven Spirits of God, and the seven stars; I know thy works, that thou hast a name that thou livest, and art dead. Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.Thou hast a few names even in Sardis which have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with me in white: for they are worthy.  He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
If is spiritually dead or dying , it need these ministries also:
- The Spirit of Wisdom: A lifeless dying church or individual needs to seek the wisdom of God.
- The Spirit of Understanding: A lifeless dying church or individual needs a true understanding of their condition so they can correct it.
- The Spirit of Counsel: A lifeless dying church or individual needs to heed the counsel of God.
- The Spirit of Might: A lifeless dying church or individual needs new strength to enter into its lifeless body.
- The Spirit of Knowledge: A lifeless dying church or individual needs to flow in renewed revelation knowledge.
- The Spirit of Fear of the Lord: A lifeless dying church or individual needs to have their fear of the Lord rekindled.
If you feel spiritually dead or your church is dying corporately, then you must follow the five fold plan that the Spirit gave to the church at Sardis in Rev. 3 v.3:
- Be Watchful: The amplified Bible says to “Rouse yourself and keep awake.” It is time for us to wake up, become alert to the signs of the time, and be active for God as never before.
- Strengthen: Take hold of the things that remain and are ready to die in your life and strengthen them through prayer and the Word.
- Remember: Reflect back on the promises of God – what you have received and heard in times past.
- Hold Fast: Hold fast to your faith and God’s Word.
- Repent: Repent so you will be ready for the return of Christ and not caught unaware.
Spirit of Traditionalism (Revelation 3:1–6)
For centuries the church has been the victim of rumors, hostility, and, what we call in this day and age, negative press
Sardis: The Dead Church
The lesson of Sardis is sobering: Do not let the Truth die—hold on to the Truth you have been given; bear fruit with this precious Truth, or be blotted out of the Book of Life! Sadly, Scripture indicates that despite these strong warnings, many believers at the end of the age will “turn their ears away from the truth.